Friday, December 10, 2010

Going the Distance

12:07 in the morning to be exact. I just finished the movie "Going the Distance" starring Drew Barrymore and Justin Long which are real life sweethearts. As I was watching this movie, I though it was some type of  dejavu in my part to see myself in that situation. I thought about writing something about this movie because  it really sank into me.

The movie was about long distance relationship. The struggles to keep the spark alive and in remain to be in the crepuscular of love. The movie was actually moving to me since I used to be in the same situation where there are times that I have to make formidable decisions. Besides the fact that there are a lot of relationships now which are in a form of long distance relationship, many of us are not aware that this type of relationship is more than demanding even though your special someone is not around with you. It requires a great amount of patience and determination to stick to that exclusive relationship and never let yourself  be involved with someone else while the other is in the other side of the world. Based from my very own experience, the core factors that will wrap up the relationship while the other is not yet able to settle in, is of course TRUST and FIDELITY. Without these two, both of you are just as far as the miles entails.

I have fellows who have had long distance relationships nevertheless, ended in a vexatious breakup. If one has never put oneself into making the relationship work, it'll not work. Its a  two way street that requires constant traffic of communication, airing out feelings, creativity to make each other feel that physical presence is not a hurdle in the relationship most specially, and definite effort to have all that working with each other.

A simple though for you from me, before hitting the sack.


3 comments:

Toni Tralala said...

Been there, done that! :)) You can vouch for it as well.

Sadly, Drew and Justin broke up in July. They supposedly remained good friends since then though.

Cathy said...

Were were in the same boat, Ms T. So glad I had the time of my life in that crappy situation.

Aw, didn't know their breakup. They look good together though.

Thanks for dropping by Chum!

J said...

I definitely agree with you. My boyfriend and I are not apart when I'm at school, but then we're three-four hours apart during breaks and neither one of us can really make the trip--i can't because i'm vehicle-less, and he can't because of his job.

It's rough.
And even when we're together, if we didn't put our all into the relationship, we definitely wouldn't make it right now.

It's like you said, it takes determination and care.