Saturday, October 3, 2009

Preparation of Documents for my Interview


















On October 6, 2009, at 8:30 I will have my interview at the US Embassy Manila.
My husband and I have been anticipating this very moment to finally put a temporary dot on my immigration process so I can finally join him in  his country, U.S.A.


I have prepared my documents so keenly to achieve a very organize appearance of everything I can show to the Consul. I also used colorful clear book folders to bring out a refreshing and joyful look.
I chose this type of folder because it has slide-in labeling portion at the back bone part where I can paste a computerized label for each folder. There is a very small open space at the bottom part of the glass between you and the Consul by the time you have your interview; that is meant for the documents you need to present. This clear book folder can be easily rolled up. If in case I need to show something, e.g Photos of us, I can just roll the whole folder up and slide it inside.


On the Light blue folder- I put all Affidavit of Support forms and Components.


On the Orange folder, I put every medical results I have in hand.


On the lime green- Its where you can find all forms we have filled out, Appointment letter, choice of agent, and every docs I have received from USCIS, NVC and more.


Inside of the Gray folder- you will see everything I have, to prove that I am legally married to my Hubby. Phone bills, cards from my hubby and mom in law, courier and postal receipts, contract of lease for our apartment, booking confirmation for our wedding reception, credit card receipts for Greg's purchases while he was still here in the Philippines, boarding passes, wedding cards for us on our wedding day, and transportation tickets.


On the Pink folder -you will find truckload of photos of Us. From the trips we made, from Greg's welcome party, pictures with my family, and more photos of us together. Plus, printscreen photos while Greg and I are talking since we don't exchange emails. Also, monthly money remittances receipts from 2007-2009, call logs history from the calls that Greg made in his Skype account, and email conversation from first 2 months of our "getting to know more" stage.


I have worked hard for this project because at this stage, there is no room for error. I get cohcoh when I know I didn't gave the best I can to make everything look properly and orderly. After all, you can win consul's decision right there and then, through your admirable work.

 






3 comments:

Ingrid said...

Wow I wish I was this organised! I love how you added your own personal touch and made fun out of a task normally considered time-consuming or troublesome. Best of luck with the visa stuff! Hope you get to see him soon. =)

Cathy said...

Hi :) Thank you!
Its always fun to do something when you are filled and powered with love and enthusiasm.
I didn't find it as some sort of hassle just preparing for the whole stuff.

Thanks for dropping by at my page. :)

Anonymous said...

thank you cath...u give me nice idea on preparing documents..:) GOD Bless!