Thursday, December 16, 2010

Appointmentless

Whenever you need to see your doctor, you need to set up an appointment, simply because you want that specific time you want to be seen with. These days.. appointment is simple useless. Your appointment at 8:00 will be taken by someone who signed in first even you are there by 8:00. You are appointmentless!

 This morning, I woke up very early because I have to see my physician for my Physical exam and TB skin test. My husband and I arrived at the doctor's office at 8:03, and this woman who signed in first, 2 minutes earlier and her appointment was 8:15 was called first before me. I was like? what's the point of asking someone to come in at this time when you will not follow the appointment time? It doesn't make sense to me. We have to wait 45 minutes after that woman's turn.

I remember watching an episode in Curb your enthusiasm starring of course my favorite Larry David. He pointed out this absurd notion in this offices. I'd believe that if you set up an appointment, you are expected to be in a certain office at the said time, but what if you came earlier and signed in first even you are expected later, the other person would feel the same... Cheated.

These offices needs some rude awakening that the way they address their clients is quite not right. Appointment time is appointment time, not signed in time. Well, I think next time, I just have to come earlier to be seen first. The hell with others appointment time.

No comments: