Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hello Nook, where have you been.

I have been flaring signs of the ultimate item in my wish list to Santa this Christmas and the time has finally come that Santa grant my wish of the year.
The NookColor. 

My husband knows that if either I'm not in Taco bell's drive-thru, he can surely find me in our city library untouchable while reading my favorite novels, books, and magazines. One night, he suddenly throw this conversation about E-Readers and he knows that I have all my fireballs ready for a debate. I have been reading about E-Readers for quite some time now (and he was probably snooping around my history) since my work and school schedule is becoming demanding, an E-Reader would make my time more feasible and easy access to the bookworm me.

Comparing Nook Color against Kindle of Amazon as two of the most competitive E-Readers in the market, I find Nook to be ahead in terms of features.

These are the prominent features of Nook:
-WIFI capable
-HD vivid colors 7.7 LCD screen.
-Expandable MicroSD
-Built in Web Browser
-holds more than 1,500 eBooks
-LendMe feature
-Supports PDF, Word, and ePub files; displays images and some video formats; support for audio and MP3 playback.
-(I just love Pandora Radio Station too!)

While Kindle's Prominent Features are:
-Longer Battery Life
-Faster Internet refresh
-Wider range of books
-Free Internet over 3G connection
-Physical keyboard

I've heard so many face off reviews about these two best E-Readers there of, but upon having this Nook Color, I would say that I'm more than blithe to actually read and have full access to all my favorite reading materials within my fingertips, anytime, anywhere.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit iffy on the e-readers. I prefer hard copies. But at the same time, I've heard how convenient they are, especially if you want to take a ton of books somewhere. Very portable and easy to read the screen.

Because I love reading your blog, I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award. Head over to my blog to accept it: http://introvertedwriter.blogspot.com/2011/01/better-late-than-never-right.html